U.S. taxes if you live outside the country | Biz Brain

How the U.S. taxes you when you move out of the country. (Kettu/morguefile.com) Q. If I live in Canada 51 percent of the time and collect Social Security, should it be taxed differently? My combined income will not even be $20,000. -- Trying to afford it A. If you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien, the rules for filing income, estate, and gift tax returns and paying estimated tax are generally the same whether you are in the United States or abroad. It doesn't matter what percentage of the year you live abroad, said Bernie Kiely, a certified financial planner and certified public accountant with Kiely Capital Management in Morristown. If you have sufficient income, you have to file y

Featured Posts
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square



  • facebook-square
  • linkedin-square

Phone: 973-455-1894 | 51 Dumont Place, Morristown, NJ 07960 | Get directions!

Kiely Capital Management offers financial planning and investment advice. Serving Central and Northern New Jersey, Yvonne and Bernard (Bernie) Kiely provide over 25 years of experience offering discretionary asset management, retirement planning and income tax preparation. KCM is registered with the State of New Jersey as a Registered Investment Advisor.


“The only thing we sell is good advice.”

© 2018-2020 Kiely Capital Management Inc. All rights reserved.

Website Design by VIP Solutions.biz